Is Sarah Palin running for president in 2012? It depends on who you ask! Many people seem to think she is definitely running, but other people think she is definitely not running. I would argue that she is going to influence the election of 2012 regardless of whether she is running for President or not. Her star power among Republicans and the Tea Party movement makes her a force to be reckoned with. If she runs, she will be one of the front runners for the GOP nomination. If she does not run, her endorsement of one of the other candidates could send that candidate to the nomination.
Without further ado, it is time to answer the million dollar question. Is Sarah Palin running for President in 2012?
Here are the reasons Palin is running for President in 2012:
- Palin recently went on a bus tour around the United States. She visited many of the key political states that will make determine the GOP nominee for 2012. Some of the states she visited included Iowa and New Hampshire. It would not make sense for her to go on a bus tour if she was not seriously considering a run. The bus tour is an unofficial presidential exploratory study that she is running to see if she has a chance to win the nomination.
- She has not stated whether or not she is running. If Palin was definitely not running, she wouldn’t keep everyone guessing.
- She has purchased a house in Arizona. This resolves many of the logistical hurdles she would face if she tried to run a campaign from Alaska. It is much easier to travel around the continental 48 states.
Here are the reasons Palin is not running for President in 2012:
- Palin has a great life today. She is making millions of dollars from her book, her TV show, her speaking engagements, and everything else she is doing now. Why would she want to give up all that money and fame to run a grueling campaign? She doesn’t need to run for President for financial reasons or promotional reasons.
- She is not the leading GOP candidate in the polls. Mitt Romney is getting the most support, and Herman Cain is tied with Palin in most polls.
- Many of the leading voices in conservative news and radio say they do not think she is running. Many of these leading voices like Glenn Beck, Shawn Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh have probably had private conversations with her that lead them to have these opinions about her aspirations for 2012.
Is Sarah Palin running for President in 2012? You can definitely make arguments either way. It will likely be several weeks before we know for sure if she is running.